Goat liver masala/eeral masala
Goat liver masala is cooked in coconut -cashew-spices paste . Goat liver is very rich in Iron and minerals .It makes a complete nutrition packed heavy meal when served with Rice/Idli/Dosa/Chapathi/Paratha.
Ingredients:Goat liver/eeral -250 g
Shallots -1/2 cup finely chopped
Tomato -1 finely chopped
Cilantro -to garnish
Oil -1 tbsp
Salt -to taste
To grindShredded coconut -2 tbsp
Cashews whole -4
ginger -1 clove size
garlic -1 clove
Green chili -2
Chili powder -1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time :20 minutes
- In a blender grind the ingredients given to grind into a fine paste.
- In a kadai heat oil and fry the shallots until transparent.
- Add the ground masala with little water to it and cook until oil oozes out.(keep stirring without the masala sticking to the bottom)
- Add the chopped tomatoes ,salt and cook for a minute.
- Add adequate water and after a minute add the goat liver/eeral
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the eeral /liver is well done.
- Garnish with cilantro and eeral masala is ready to serve .
this is one of my family's fav. dish. looks so awesome.ReplyDelete