Strawberry is an excellent source of vitamin c and is also rich in other vitamins & minerals too.strawberry picking during the season is an absolute fun activity & making jam out of it is a good way to preserve and taste it.
Ingredients:straw berry -700 g
sugar -1 cup
lemon juice -3 tbsp
cardamom powder -pinch
- Wash and remove the stems of strawberries .Cut it into halves and puree them in a blender.
- In a pan add the pureed straw berry ,sugar,and cardamom powder(for additional flavor,entirely optional)along with lemon juice.
- Cook on medium stirring occasionally.Cook until it reach to a consistency which i neither too runny nor too thick
- To check the consistency ,Keep a plate in fridge when you start cooking.take little jam and apply it behind that plate and run your finger if it holds to the shape of the plate without flowing down to your finger move then you can switch off.
- Remember that as it cools down the mixture become little more thick.
- Store the jam in an air tight container and use it to your choice of bread.
Makes :1 cup
Post a Comment