ORANGE SHRIMP DUMPLINGS
I am very glad to tell that i am chosen as one among the 25 bloggers, for the Saucy mama's 2014 recipe contest.If chosen as the winner i will get a gateway to participate in 2014 world food championship at LasVegas.We have been sent 6 sauce varieties from saucy mama and we have to use any one sauce among it to create a recipe in the
sea food category...i used the saucy mamas's hot wing sauce and orange habanero sauce to create this mouth watering appetizer!!
For the stuffing and sauce:
Frozen gulf shrimp(tail off&deveined)-15
spring onions -3 sprigs
Saucy mama'shot wing sauce -2 tsp
carrots -11/2 tbsp
oil - 3 -4 tbsp
Saucy mama's orange habanero sauce-1/4 cup
few spring onion greens -to garnish
salt -to taste
For the Dumpling dough:
All purpose flour -1/3 cup
salt -to taste
- Thaw the frozen gulf shrimp .
- In a mixing bowl mix the all purpose flour and salt to taste. Knead it into medium stiff dough adding water little by little.
- Now cover it and rest it for at least 15 minutes.
- In meantime blend the shrimps ,spring onions,salt and hot wing sauce in a mixer into a paste.Transfer it into a bowl.
- Add the finely chopped carrots and few spring greens to it and mix well.Stuffing is ready.
- Take the kneaded dough and make it into very small balls
- Roll each ball into a thin round sheet.
- Place a scoop of stuffing at the center .Carefully fold like in below picture making small fleets .
- Make all the dumplings.Always keep it covered.
- boil water in a steam pot.Grease the steam plate with oil.Place the dumplings carefully.Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the dumpling turns translucent.
- Once cooked,carefully remove the dumplings using a spatula.
- In a wide pan heat oil and arrange the dumplings.After a minute or two pour the orange habanero sauce and coat the dumpling well with the sauce. Make sure the stove is on medium.carefully turn the dumplings one by one to the other side too. Switch off and garnish with spring onions.
- Serve as a appetizer .Its great treat for a party/for your family.
Post a Comment