Click to Participate & Win in Cook With Love Contest
Dosa batter -as needed
Potato -200 g
onion -1 sliced
chopped ginger -2 tsp
green chilies -5
mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
urad dhal/split black gram -1 tsp
Curry leaves -few
cilantro -to garnish
Roasted bengal gram flour/pottukadalai mavu-2 tbsp
salt -to taste
oil -2 tsp
- Pressure cook /boil the potato until well cooked.Peel the skin and crumble into chunks cubes .
- In a kadai heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter .Add the urad dhal.
- Add the chopped ginger,green chilies,curry leaves and turmeric.
- Add the sliced onions and adequate salt and fry until transparent.
- Pour 11/2 -2 cups of water and allow it to boil.
- Add the crumbled potato and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Finally put the roasted bengal gram flour/pottukadalai mavu and mix .The gravy thickens.
- Switch off the stove and garnish with cilantro.
- Masala for dosa is ready.
To make Dosa:
- Heat griddle .when you sprinkle water a little on the griddle it should sizzle.
- Now pour a laddle of dosa batter spread it into a circle/big oval.
- Drizzle oil over it.When it start cooking spread the top layer evenly using a spatula.
- When the bottom starts to turn golden.keep the cooked masala on one side.
- Start rolling it over and cook for few more seconds.
- Serve Masala with coconut chutney.
Makes -6-8 Medium Dosas
tasty and satisfying breakfastReplyDelete