Collard greens kootu
Ingredients:Collard greens -1 bunch
Moong dal(split green gram)-1/4 cup
Water -1 cup
Whole red chili -5
Onion -1/2 finely chopped
Mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
Urad dal/split black gram -1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
Shredded coconut -2 tbsp
Salt -to taste
- Wash and cut collard greens as in pictures below.
- In a kadai cook moong dal(split green gram skinless) in a cup of water.
- When it is tender add the chopped collard greens to it.Cover and cook it.
- Simultaneously in a small pan allow mustard seeds to splutter.Temper with urad dhal,cumin seeds,whole red chili.
- Fry onions in it until transparent and pour into the collard greens.
- When the collard greens is completely cooked add shredded coconut and cook for few more seconds.
- Serve as a side with Rice
Post a Comment