Brinjal capsicum curry
Capsicum/Green Bell pepper has a unique flavor that makes it a great combo with any kind of veggies/Meat.Here is a south indian recipe in which capsicum/Green bell pepper is combined with Brinjal and spiced up with a south indian special spice powder called sambar powder.
capsicum/green bell pepper-1/2 cubed
onion -1 finely chopped
tomato -11/2 pureed
cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
chopped ginger -1 tsp
chopped garlic -1 tsp
salt - to taste
sambar powder -2 tsp
chili powder -1/4 tsp
oil -2 tsp
cilantro -to garnish
Preparation time:15 min
Cooking time :25 min
- In a pan heat oil and temper with cumin seeds.Add finely chopped ginger and garlic to it.
- Once the raw smell goes off add the chopped onions
- When onion turns golden add the cubed brinjal and the salt ,chili powder,sambar powder and turmeric.
- Saute for a minute and add the pureed tomatoes.Cover &Cook until the brinjal is 70% done.
- Now add the cubed capsicum.
- Cover&cook again until completely done .Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve over Rice/Chapathi
Made it today ..love the combination thanks for the reciepeReplyDelete
Nice and delicious food. The preparation method is great.ReplyDelete
Chennai Street Food