vazhakkai kootu/plantain kootu
moong dhal/pasiparuppu -1/4 cup
chana dhal/Bengal gram -1/4 cup
green chili -3-5
shredded coconut -1 tbsp
onion -1 finely chopped
tomato -1 finely chopped
salt -to taste
For tempering:curry leaves -few
mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
urad dhal/split black gram-1/2 tsp
oil -1 tbsp
whole red chili -1
- Peel and chop plantain into cubes
- In a kadai boil moong dhal and chana dhal in 4 cups of water until well cooked.
- Add the cubed plantain ,chopped onion ,tomatoes,green chilies to it.add adequate salt.
- Cook until the plantain is well done.
- Simultaneously in a small heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.temper with the other ingredients given for tempering.
- Pour the tempering over the plantain kootu.
- Garnish with shredded coconut .
- Serve as aside with Rice/Chapathi
Post a Comment