Ridge gourd/peerkangai kothsu
Peerkangai/Ridgegourd Kothsu is a low calorie dish which goes well when served over hot steaming Rice with a drizzle of sesame oil and papad as side.
green chillies -3
pepper powder -1/2 tsp
coriander powder -1 tsp
red chili -1
mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
oil -2 tsp
curry leaves -optional
tamarind paste -1/4 tsp
salt -to taste
Preparation time:15 min
Cooking Time :30 min
- Peel the skin and chop ridge gourd into cubes.
- In a kadai add ridge gourd,green chilies, tamarind paste,salt and turmeric.
- Mix for 2 minutes.Add the pepper powder and coriander powder.
- Cover it with a lid and cook ridge gourd in its own water.
- allow it to cool and blend it into a fine puree.
- in a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter .Add red chilies , curry leaves.fry onion in it until transluscent.
- Pour the tempering into the puree.
- Serve over Hot Rice .
Post a Comment