Keema Semiya baath
Semiya/ vemicelli -1 cup
onion -3/4 cup finely chopped
tomato -1/2 cup finely chopped
ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
cinnamon -1/4 inch
star anise -1/4 piece
salt -to taste
chili powder -1 tsp
garam masala -1/4 tsp
mint leaves -1 tbsp finely chopped
cilantro -to garnish
turmeric - pinch
oil -2 tsp
- In a pan heat oil and temper with cinnamon,cloves,star anise and cardamom.Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell goes off.
- fry chopped onions until it turns golden.
- add in the chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well and add few chopped mint leaves .
- Add the ground lamb/mutton keema into it.
- Stir it a few seconds and put adequate salt,coriander powder,cumin powder,chili powder, turmeric and garam masala.
- Once the spices blend well and keema gets well cooked add frozen peas to it.
- After 2 minutes sprinkle a few chopped cilantro.
- Pour 2 cups of water(you can also add a cup of coconut milk reducing a cup of water to add more flavor )
- when the water starts boiling add the roasted vermicelli and cover it with a lid.
- Cook until the vermicelli is well cooked and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot with chutney/raitha of your choice
Post a Comment