Ingredients:asparagus - 1 bunch
chana dhal /bengal gram-1/4 cup heaped
onion -1/4 cup finely chopped
whole red chilies -6
sambar powder -1/4 tsp
salt -to taste
for tempering:mustard seeds -1/4 sp
urad dhal/split black gram-1/4 tsp
cumin seeds -1/4 tsp
curry leaves -few
- In pressure cooker cook chana dhal for 1 whistle adding 3/4 cup water
- Cut the hard edge of the asparagus.then chop it into roundels
- After the pressure goes off open the cooker and add the chopped asparagus and pressure cook again for a whistle.
- Now heat oil in a pan and allow mustard seeds to splutter.Add urad dhal, cumin seeds,hing,red chillies,curry leaves .
- Add onion ,salt,sambar powder and fry until transparent.
- Add the pressure cooked asparagus & dhal to it and cook for another minutes.
- Serve as side dish for Rice or chapathi
Post a Comment