nei kadalai/crunchy chana dhal
chana dhal/bengal gram - 1 cup
ghee - 1/2 tsp
salt - to taste
chili powder - 1/4-1/2 tsp
curry leaves - few
oil - to deep fry
- Soak bengal gram/chan dhal in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Drain the water.Spread the chana dhal/ gram over a cloth and allow it to dry for an hour.
- In a pan heat oil.
- When the oil is ready for frying add the chana dhal/ bengal gram.Fry until the sizzling sound stops.
- When the sizzling sound stops remove and transfer it to a bowl.
- Fry the curry leaves in oil and put it along with fried bengal gram.
- Add salt , chili powder, ghee over it .mix well.
- Store it in an air tight container .It stays fresh up to 3 weeks
Post a Comment