Chepankilangu kuzhambu/Tararoot curry
Chepankilangu/Tara root - 6-7
onion - 3/4 cup finely chopped
tomato - 1 cup finely chopped
curry leaves - few
mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
fenugreek seeds -1/4 tsp
hing /asafoetida -1/8 tsp
turmeric - 1/8 tsp
tamarind paste -11/2 tsp
sambar powder -11/2 tsp
whole red chillies - 2
sesame oil -3 tbsp
salt -to taste
- In a pressure cooker cook cheppankilangu/tara root with water for 1 whistle.
- Once the pressure goes off drain the water and peel the skin.
- Chop into cubes
- In a cup of water mix tamarind paste and keep it aside
- In a kadai heat oil and temper with mustard seeds,whole red chillies, fenugreek seeds and hing.
- Add onions and curry leaves and cook until golden
- Add the turmeric.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now put salt and sambar powder.
- Once the masala blends well and tomato becomes mushy add the cubed cheppankilangu, tamarind water and a cup of water to it.
- Now cover it with a lid.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes in medium.
- Serve with Rice and papad.
Post a Comment