Ashgourd/poosanikai -2 1/2 cups cubed
toor dal - 1/2 cup
mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
urad dhal -1/2 tsp
curry leaves -few
tamarind paste -1 tsp
salt - to taste
oil -11/2 tsp
To roast & grind:
oil - 2 tsp
coriander seeds -1 tbsp
urad dhal -1 tbsp
shredded coconut -1 tbsp
red chillies -4-5
- Pressure cook toor dhal for 2 whistles or until soft and mashy.
- In a pan heat oil and roast coriander seeds,urad dhal, red chillies,.When nice aroma comes and add shredded coconut and roast until golden.
- Allow it to cool of and grind it into a powder.
- In a kadai add water,cubed poosanikai /ash gourd,turmeric and cook until it turns soft.
- Add the tamarind paste and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Now mix cooked toor dhal and ground powder.
- Simultaneously in another pan temper with mustard seeds,urad dhal,hing, curry leaves.
- Pour the tempering into the kadai and switch off.
- Serve with Rice
Post a Comment