Kathirikkai Puli kuzhambu/brinjal tamarind curry
garlic cloves -4
curry leaves -few
hing -1/8 tsp
turmeric -1/8 tsp
mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
fenugreek seeds -1/8 tsp
salt -to taste
oil -1 tbsp.
small onions -10
cumin powder -1/2 tsp
chilli powder -3/4 tsp
tamarind paste -1 tsp
- remove the top of the brinjal and cut it into slices.
- In a blender grind the ingredients for grinding into a smooth paste.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter. Temper with fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, hing and turmeric.
- Follow it with chopped garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add the cut brinjal ,salt and fry for 2-3 minutes
- Add the ground paste, mix well and a cup of water.
- Pressure cook for a whistle.
- Once the pressure goes off open the lid and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with Rice/lemon rice/tamarind rice
Post a Comment