Dum Mutton Biriyani
Ingredients:Basmathi rice -2 and 1/4 cup
mutton -600 g medium sized
chopped mint -1cup+1/4 cup
chopped cilantro -1 cup+1/4 cup
ginger garlic paste -2 tbsp.
turmeric -1/4 tsp
green chillies -4
chilli powder -1 tsp
coriander powder -11/2 tbsp.
garam masala -1 tsp
yogurt -1/4 cup
oil - 2 tbsp.
roasted cashews -few
saffron -few strands
warm milk -1/2 tbsp.
For Tempering:cinnamon -2''
star anise -2
bay leaves -1
Step 1:Cooking mutton
- In a pressure cooker heat oil /ghee and temper with whole garam.
- Add sliced onions(2) and fry until transparent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cut green chillies and fry until the raw flavor goes off.
- Add the chopped tomatoes,1 cup of chopped cilantro and a cup of chopped mint leaves.
- Mix well and cook until mushy
- Add salt, turmeric, chilli powder ,coriander powder, garam masala and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the medium sized mutton and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add a 1/4 cup of yogurt and mix well.
- Add little water if needed and pressure cook upto 6 whistles(depends on the mutton).Cook until 90% done.
Step2: Cooking Rice
- Wash and soak basmathi rice in water for 15 -20 minutes.
- In a pot boil water(4 cups) and add cinnamon,clove,bay leaf
- When water is boiling drain the soaked rice add to the pot along with desired salt.
- When the rice is 80% done drain the remaining water keep it aside.
Step 3:Garnishing preparation
- In the heavy bottomed kadai for layering add the oil and fry 1 sliced onion with little salt until golden brown. Remove and keep it aside
- you can roast cashews /use roasted cashews too
- Warm 1/2 tbsp. of milk and soak few saffron strands for 5 minutes.
- in a heavy bottomed kadai for layering add half of the cooked mutton curry.
- Put half of the rice over it ,browned onions, roasted nuts, few chopped cilantro, mint leaves and Saffron milk.
- Again layer the remaining mutton curry over it.
Post a Comment