Cheppankizhangu /Tara root masiyal
Ingredients:cheppankizhangu / tara root -6
ginger -1 tbsp. finely chopped
tamarind paste -1 tbsp.
shredded coconut -11/2 tbsp.
green chillies -5 finely chopped
mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
chana dhal -1/2 tsp
urad dhal -1/2 tsp
salt -to taste
oil -2 tsp
- In a pressure cooker cook washed cheppan kizhangu / tara root in water for a whistle.
- Once the pressure goes off drain the water .Peel the skin and mash it thoroughly.
- In a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter and temper with urad dhal and chana dhal.
- Follow it with finely chopped ginger and green chillies.
- When raw flavor goes off add the mashed cheppan kilangu / tara root, tamarind pate and salt. Sprinkle little water if needed.
- Cook thoroughly until it blends well.
- In a small pan heat little oil and fry shredded coconut until golden.
- Garnish the roasted coconut with the cooked masiyal.
- Serve as a side with Rice.
Post a Comment