nattu kozhi gramathu kuzhambu/country chicken gravy(village style)
nattu kozhi - 1 kg
small onions - 11/2 cup
ginger garlic paste -11/2 tbsp.
coriander powder -1 tbsp.
salt -to taste
chilli powder -1
turmeric -1/4 tsp
curry leaf powder -1/4 tsp
mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
fennel seed -1/2 tsp
red chillies -3
bay leaf -1 small
sesame oil -1 tbsp.
For roasting and grinding:
Small onions -1 cup
red chillies -6-7
cumin seeds -1/2 tbsp.
tamarind paste -1 tsp
sesame oil -1 tsp
shredded coconut-1/4 cup
khus khus- 1tsp
- In a blender blend coconut and khus khus together into a fine paste by adding little water.
- In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds and red chillies.
- Follow it by chopped small onions and fry until golden.
- Allow it to cool and blend it into a mixture along with the tamarind paste.
- In a pressure cooker heat sesame oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.
- Temper with red chillies, fennel seeds,cinnamon,clove,bayleaf.
- Fry ginger garlic paste and turmeric until the raw flavor goes off.
- Now add coriander powder and chilli powder to it and mix well.
- Add the finely chopped small onions and curry leaf powder to it.
- After it turns transparent add the chopped tomatoes.
- Follow it with country chicken and salt
- stir well and add the roasted and ground paste to it.
- Mix well and add 11/2 cup of water to it and cover it with a lid.
- Pressure cook upto 5 -6whistles .After the pressure goes off open the lid and add the ground coconut-khus khus paste to it and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with idli, Rice, Paratha, dosa.
That Chicken gravy dish looks so brilliant. Will try some time.ReplyDelete
restaurant near venkateshwar college
Now a days everybody likes the chicken curry.ReplyDelete
Chennai Street Food