Nei peerkangai fry
Nei Peerkangai has a nice flavor of coriander seeds and a special aroma of ghee.
Ghee -1 1/2tbsp
roast and grind :
To dry grind:
coconut powder( shredded)-2 tbsp
chili powder -1/8tsp
green chili -1
Preparation time:10 min
Cooking time :20 min
- Peel the skin from the peerkangai/ridgegourd and cut into small pieces.(check the taste to make sure it doesnt taste bitter).
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a pan and fry coriander seeds until nice aroma comes out.
- Cool it down and then blend it into a fine powder.
- Grind the ingredientsgiven for dry grinding into a fine paste.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and fry peerkangai /ridge gourd until half cooked.
- Now add the ground coriander powder.
- Once it is cooked 75% add the ground paste.
- Cook until you obtain a dry consistency ,add salt and mix well in a slow flame.
- Switch off the stove and serve with rice.
Post a Comment