chow chow poriyal/chayote squash curry
Ingredients:chow chow/chayote squash -1
onion -1/2 finely chopped
garlic cloves -5 finely chopped
salt -to tatse
chilli powder -11/2 tsp
fennel powder -1/4 tsp
chana dhal -1 tbsp
oil -2-3 tsp
For tempering:Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
red chilies -1-2
curry leaves -few
chana dhal -1/2 tsp
- In a pan heat little oil and fry a tbsp. of chana dhal until nice golden.
- Allow it to cool down and blend it into a powder and keep it aside.
- In a kadai heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.
- Add all the tempering ingredients to it.
- Add onions and fry until transparent.
- Follow it with chopped chow chow/chayote squash and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic, salt, chili powder, fennel powder and turmeric and mix well.
- Add little water and cover it with a lid.
- When chow chow /chayote squash is 80% done and the ground chana dal powder to it.
- Cook until the chow chow/chayote is completely done.
- Serve as a side with Rice.
Post a Comment