Ridgegourd egg curry/peerkangai muttai Poriyal
Ridgegourd /Peerkangai is cooked in a tempered onion tomato base and scrambled up with egg to make a great tasting side Ridgegourd curry.
Ingredients:ridge gourd -2 (400 g approx.)
onion -1 small size
mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
urad dhal -1/2 tsp
cumin seeds -1/4 tsp
ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
turmeric -1/8 tsp
salt - to taste
chili powder -1 /2-1 tsp
cilantro -to garnish
Preparation time:15 min
Cooking time :25 min
- Wash, peel and cut the ridge gourd/ peerkangai into small cubes.
- In a bowl beat 2 eggs and keep it aside
- In a pan heat oil and temper with mustard seeds, urad dhal and cumin seeds.
- Add ginger garlic paste and turmeric to it.
- When the raw flavor goes off add onions and fry until transparent.
- Follow it with chopped tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes gets cooked add desired salt and chili powder.
- Add the chopped ridge gourd/peerkangai to it mix well and cover it with a lid.
- When the ridge gourd is 75% done pour the beaten egg into it and keep stirring it.
- Once egg and ridge gourd gets cooked well garnish with cilantro
- Serve as a side with Rice.
Post a Comment