Lamb - 800 g
onion - 3 large
tomato - 3 large
gingergarlic paste - 1 tbsp.
salt -to taste
turmeric -1/2 tsp
Kashmiri chilli powder-11/2 tbsp.
oil -1/4 cup
For dry roasting & grinding:
Red chillies -3
mustard seeds -1tsp
fennel seeds/sombu-1 tsp
onion seeds/kalonji-1 tsp
cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
- In a pan dry roast the ingredients given under dry roasting and grinding until nice aroma comes out.
- Allow it to cool off and grind into a coarse powder.
- In a kadai heat the oil and add onions to it.
- Fry until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and turmeric to it and fry until the raw flavor goes off.
- Now add the ground powder and fry for a minute.
- Follow it withkashmiri chilli powder and mix well.
- Put the mutton with desired salt and fry until the mutton turns brown.
- Now add the finely chopped tomatoes and stir well. adding 2 cups of water.
- Cover it with a lid and cook on medium for upto 1hour 30 minute or until the mutton is cooked well and oil oozes out.(alternately you can cook it in pressure cooker to make the cooking time reduced)
- Serve with Rice/Indian bread
Post a Comment