Raw rice -1 cup
moong dal -1/4 cup
pepper corn -1tbsp
cumin seeds -1/2tsp
ginger -1 inch
cashews -10 to 15
ghee /butter -3 tbsp
hing -1/4 tsp
Salt -to taste
- Heat a kadai and dry roast the moong dal.
- Then in a pressure cooker add rice, roasted moong dal, hing salt and 4 1/2 cup of water cover the lid andcook for 4 whistle.
- Once pressure goes off the open the lid mix.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan add allow pepper corn to splutter
- add cashews ,cumin, ginger to it one by one and fry until golden.
- Then add into the pongal and mix well .
- serve with sambar and coconut chutney
Post a Comment