Mughalai mutton Biriyani
Ingredients:Mutton - 500 g
Basmathi Rice -11/2cups
onions - 1 medium sliced
lemon juice -2 tbsp
ghee -2 tbsp
yogurt -1 cup
cilantro -to garnish
salt -to taste
Ginger - 6 cloves size
garlic - 6 cloves
green chillies -5-6
cinnamon - 1 inch
fennel seeds -2 tsp
- In a blender grind ingredients given for grinding into a smooth paste.
- Mix yogurt,groundmasala,salt and marinate the mutton pieces into it in a ziploc bag for atleast 2 hours.
- Soak basmathi rice for 10-15minutes and drain water.
- In a pan heat little ghee and fry rice in it until you start feeling a nice aroma.Remove and keep it aside.
- In a cooker pressure cook add ghee and fry cashews until golden and keep it aside.
- Now add onions to it and fry until golden brown remove and keep it aside.
- Now add the marinated mutton pieces.
- cook until the mutton gets 95% cooked.
- Now add 21/2 cups of water and allow it to boil.
- Add the rice,chopped cilantro,mint leaves and desired salt.
- Cover the cooker and pressure cook for a whistle.Once the pressure goes off open the lid add the fried onions,cashews and lemon juice to it
- Mix well and garnish with cilantro
Post a Comment