This Cauliflower masala has a distinguished aroma and flavor from the freshly ground spice powder added to it.It is a south Indian cuisine which can be served as a side for Rice/Chapathi are can be stuffed as a masala for gobi masala dosa.
IngredientsCauliflower - 1 medium sized chopped finely
onion - 1 finely chopped
tomato - 2 finely chopped
shredded gingergarlic - 1/2 tsp
coriander powder - 1 tbsp
chilli powder - 2 tsp
salt - to taste
oil - 1 tbsp
coriander leaves - to garnish
For roasting and grinding:Fennel seeds -1/2 tsp
cinnamon -1/2 inch
star anise -1
cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
bay leaves -small
Preparation Time:12 min
Cooking Time :25 min
- In a pan dry roast the ingredients given below roasting and grinding until nice aroma comes and blend it into a coarse powder.
- In a kadai heat oil and add the ground powder.
- Follow it with chopped onions and fry until golden.
- Add the shredded ginger and garlic and fry for a minute.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and all spices and salt.
- Stir for while and add the finely chopped cauliflower.
- Cover the kadai with the lid stirring occasionally.
- Cook until the cauliflower is completely done and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with Rice.
You can use this masala as a stuffing in dosa and serve as Cauliflower/Gobi masala dosa
- Serves 4
Post a Comment