Puttu urulaikizhangu/potato puttu
Ingredients:Potato - 200 g
onion - 1/4 cup
cashews - 6
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
urad dhal - 1 tsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
curry leaves - few
shredded coconut - 1 tbsp
cilantro - few
oil - 1 tbsp
green chillies - 2-4
red chillies - 2
salt - to taste
- In a pressure cooker/pan boil potatoes until well cooked.
- Peel the skin off and crush the potato(not necessary to mash it)
- In a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter
- Now add urad dal,cumin seeds,green chillies,red chillies ,cashews and curry leaves
- Follow ith with onions and fry until it turns transparent.
- Put the crushed potatoes with desired salt.
- cook for 5minutes and add shredded coconut
- stir for a minute and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with Rice and Sambar / rasam
Post a Comment