Pagarkai /Bitter gourd masala
Bitter gourd -3
Tamarind juice -1/4 cup
tomato -1 small
onion -1 small (chopped)
Chili powder -1 tsp
coriander powder -1 tbsp
cumin powder -1 tsp
oil -2 tbsp
mustard seeds -1/4tsp
curry leaves -few
Sugar -1 tsp
Shredded Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,curry leaves.
- add the onion and fry till it turns goldenbrown
- Now add tomato and saute well
- add bitter gourd and fry until half cooked.
- Then pour the tamarind juice.
- After that put all the spice powders along with salt and cook well .
- Add 1 tsp sugar and shreded coconut to it and mix well.
- Ready to serve with sambar rice
good idea.. hope there will be less bitternessReplyDelete