Okra and potato curry
Ingredients:Okra - 200 g
Potato - 1 medium
onion - 1 finely chopped
tomato - 1 large
mustardseeds - 1/4 tsp
urad dhal -1/4 tsp
curry leaves - few
coriander powder - 1 tsp
chilli powder - 1 tsp
turmeric - 1/4 tsp
salt - to taste
oil - 1 tbsp
coconut milk -1/4 cup(thick)
- Clean and cut okra into cubes.Peel and cut potato into cubes.
(cut in a size that both could get cooked evenly)
- In a pan heat oil and allow mustard seeds to splutter.
- Temper with urad dhal and curry leaves.
- Follow it by finely chopped onions.
- Once it turns golden add all spice powders and mix well;
- Add the chopped okra and potato and fry well for 5-7 minutes
- Now add the chopped tomatoes to it and cook until it becomes mushy.
- Add enough water to it and allow it to boil.
- Once it starts boiling add the coconut milk to it and cook until okra and potatoes are completely cooked and nice aroma comes(add water to your desired consistency)
- Serve with Rice and papad
Post a Comment