Bottle gourd (suraikai/ green squash) with yogurt
Bottle gourd (suraikai/ green squash)-1 medium
Channa dal -1/4 cup
Yogurt (curd) -3 to 4 tbsp
Green Chilli -4 (crushed)
Garlic -3 cloves(crushed)
cumin seeds -1/4tsp
cumin powder -1/4tsp
Mustard seeds -1/4tsp
- Cook channa dhal in 1/2 cup of water in cooker for 5 minutes and add the bottlegourd cubes .
- Cook it for 2 whisle.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp of oil and temper with mustard seeds , cumin seeds,curry leaves, crushed green chillies and garlic.
- Add onion and cumin powder and fry until onion is transparent.
- Add the pressure cooked bottle gourd & channa dal to it.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or until the bottlegourd is cooked in a way that it can be lightly smashed by a spoon.
- Then switch off the stove and add 3 to 4 tbsp of yogurt into the gravy.
- Mix well and serve with rice or chapathi.
- This is a Best combination to any type of kara kuzhambu.
- Serves 4
oh nice idea to use yogurt..ReplyDelete