Baby potato fry
Baby potato fry is a flavorful side dish from south Indian cuisine in which boiled and peeled baby potatoes are fried crisp with seasoned and spiced up flavors.
Ingredients:Baby potato - 1/2 kg
ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
urad dhal/split black gram - 1 tsp
curry leaves - few
salt - to taste
chilli powder - 1 tsp
coriandercumin powder - 2 tsp
oil - 1-2 tbsp
If you don't have coriandercumin powder, dry roast 2 tsp of coriander seeds & 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds until nice aroma comes and grind it into a fine powder.
Preparation time:10 min
Cooking time :25 min
- In a pressure cooker cook potatoes with water for a whistle.After pressure goes off remove ,drain and peel off the skin from potatoes.Alternately you can boil potatoes in pot with water until tender and peel off the skin.
- In a pan heat oil and temper with mustard seeds,urad dhal and curry leaves.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw flavor goes off.
- Add the baby potatoes to it and fry a minute.
- Now add the salt,chilli powder,turmeric powder,coriandercumin powder and fry until the spices coats well on the potatoes.
- Serve with Rice
Post a Comment